Welcome to Trunks class …
Staff in our class are….
- Sarah Taylor – Class Teacher
- Sara Smith – Classroom HLTA
- Dan Walmsley – HLTA Tuesday and Wednesday, Teaching Assistant Thursday and Friday
- Paula Thomas (Monday- Wednesday), Linda Pearson, Susan Crow, Carol Cooper, Sarah Selby – Teaching Assistants
- Leanne Sutcliffe, Tracey Pinder – MCAs
Important information about our class
- We have two classrooms, which allows us to follow both a sensory and semi-formal curriculum to meet the needs of everyone in our class.
- PE for both groups is on Tuesday
- Swimming in the school pool on Monday and Thursday for Orange group, Tuesday for Green Group.
- Swimming at Energise will be Half term 2 (Nov-Dec, Feb-March, June-July) – letters will be sent home to update you about this.
- Sarah’s PPA and leadership time is all day Tuesday, this is covered by Dan Warmsley
- Sara’s PPA time is Wednesday morning, again covered by Dan.
- Sensory Art will take place throughout the week. If you would like to protect school uniform from paint, messy play etc. Please send in some old clothes for your child to wear on these days.
Through the week all pupils will experience a wide range of curriculum areas. You will receive a half termly newsletter and class timetable to understand these areas better.
Home School Books – all pupils will bring a home/school book daily. This is a great communication tool to share brief accounts of the school day, your child’s evening or morning. Please use this book to support relationships and effective communication with class teams.
Tapestry & Home Learning – All pupils have an online Tapestry learning journal. Staff will evidence and share learning experiences on a weekly basis. We invite parents to post and share the home learning experiences that take place during the week, weekends and holidays which link to their learning intentions or our curriculum topics. Please contact us if you are experiencing problems with this.