Welcome to Oak Trees
Staff in our class are….
- Class Teacher: Emma Smith
- Teaching Assistants: Millie Wilson, James Wright, Jen Payne, Richard Carter
Important information about our class
- PE is on Tuesday and Thursday
- Outdoor Learning is on Wednesday – please send in wellies or spare shoes
- Sensory Art will take place throughout the week. If you would like to protect school uniform from paint, messy play etc., please send in some old clothes for your child to wear on these days.
- PPA – Friday morning covered by Dan Walmsley
Through the week all pupils will experience a wide range of curriculum areas. You will receive a half termly newsletter and class timetable to understand these areas better.
Home School Communication – We use the Care Diary section on Tapestry for home school communication. This is a great tool to share brief accounts of the school day, your child’s evening or morning. Please use this diary to support relationships and effective communication with class teams.
Tapestry & Home Learning – All pupils have an online Tapestry learning journal. Please let a member of staff know if this is not the case. Staff will evidence and share learning experiences on Tapestry. Oak Trees will do most of their learning in their subject books, but practical lessons and group events will be recorded on Tapestry. We invite parents to post and share the home learning experiences that take place during the week, weekends and holidays. Please contact us if you are experiencing problems with this.