Welcome to Oak Trees
Staff in our class are….
- Class Teacher: Matt Round
- Teaching Assistants: Gemma Scoreby (HLTA), Aimee Brinton (AM only), Tracey March, Carla Kelly, Rachel Baxter, Zara Barber.
- PPA/ Leadership Cover on Monday, Tuesday afternoon: Karen Fowler
- MCA: Amy Baker, Kirsty Douthwaite
Important information about our class
- PE is on Tuesday and Friday. Please send in a labelled PE kit and we will send it home at the end of each half term.
- Swimming on Wednesday afternoons for alternate half-terms (Autumn 1, Spring 1 and Summer 1)
- Art and Design will take place throughout the week. If you would like to protect school uniform from paint, messy play etc. Please send in some old clothes for your child to wear on these days.
- Through the week all pupils will experience a wide range of curriculum areas. You will receive a half termly newsletter and class timetable to understand these areas better.
Home School Books – all pupils will bring a home/school book daily. This is a great communication tool to share brief accounts of the school day, your child’s evening or morning. Please use this book to support relationships and effective communication with class teams.
Tapestry & Home Learning – All pupils have an online Tapestry learning journal. Please let a member of staff know if this is not the case. Staff will evidence and share learning experiences on Tapestry. Oak Trees will do most of their learning in their subject books, but practical lessons and group events will be recorded on Tapestry.. We invite parents to post and share the home learning experiences that take place during the week, weekends and holidays. Please contact us if you are experiencing problems with this.