Welcome to team Badgers!
The adults in our team are:
- Mrs Walker
- Miss Haynes
- Miss Phillpotts
- Miss Litwin
During the week with have the following guided activities…
- Daily phonics
- Daily maths sessions
- Weekly Forest schools
- Talk 4 writing
- Daily planning time, with a speaking and listening focus
- Busy Book Friday, each week parents / carers are invited to share their children’s learning.
During other time, children access our areas of provision both inside and out. Children are supported in their learning, linking all subjects following the children’s interests and fascinations and around our theme for the term.
Reading – Children take part in guided reading sessions at least once a week. We read several stories every day together as a class and talk about the things we have read. We have lots of favourite books and stories, which we repeat several times, this helps us the learn new vocabulary and give us ideas for our own stories and games.
Home reading books are changed each Thursday. This year we are introducing RED TED (Read Everyday, Talk Every Day) to promote children’s early reading. Your child will be challenged to read at least five times a week. Initially, please read to your child and talk about the book they have chosen. Later in the year children will receive a book at their current phonics level, which should also be shared at least 3 times per week. We would be grateful if you could record the title and whether your child enjoyed the book or not. It is essential to read to your child each day to foster a love of reading that will last a lifetime!
Useful websites to help your child:
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/watch – a wide range of educational songs and clips – we especially love number blocks to help us with our maths!
- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/ – Advice and support for parents, educational activities and games and free ebooks.
- https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/ – free interactive phonics games.
- https://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com – a free resource that supports the children’s phonic development.
- If you have any queries about anything that is happening in class, please pop in to see us. Hopefully, we will be able to help you then or arrange a time when we can discuss any issues with you that will need longer time.